Popular posts from this blog
FUEL TANK: THE MAKING OF
Go make a cuppa and get a stress ball because if you're anything like me, you will probably also stress yourself out reading this post. P A R T O N E: D I V I S I O N So we now have our fuel tank model, and we needed to divide it up into three sections of equal difficulty for the team. We went through a few iterations. They both had one section which seemed easier than the other two or was impossible to do, so we settled on one which seemed the most even. So essentially we divided it up in a way where the top was a blister and in theory, the two sides were bent metal. We began by marking around the height of the model to 16 cm so that we were able to get it into nice even sections. Stuck a pen in foam at the height of 16 to mark around the model. After that we drew straws and I got to do section 3. P A R T T W O: P A T T E R N M A K I N G If my year 8 textiles class was any indication of my pattern making ...
The Tray Process
This is going to be the longest post I may ever write so strap your seat belts in and come on this wild ride that is my six attempts at making this tray. Full disclosure: I missed this class because I was sick, so I was half playing this by ear. Still, I have honestly never been felt so defeated by a 110 x 200 x 1mm sheet of aluminium. A huge thank you so much to the tutors especially to Daniel and Gabriel for helping me out so much with this. LIFESAVERS. Seriously, just look at this mess. I threw out two in rage as well. A T T E M P T O N E: So this was the easy part. My partner Tauqir and I knew what we were doing in making the wooden mould as we both had substantial experience using the sanding tools. We started off with trying the 40mm radius (because how hard can it be right? HAHA) So this was our set up. We marked the wooden templates down the centres vertically and horizontally and used the scribe to mark the centres o...





Comments
Post a Comment